Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yummy cupcakes


On one of the many blogs I check out, I saw this stamp set, cupcake affair, from Verve stamps. I used fruit punch stickles for the frosting and colored the flowers with colored pencils. My lovely round scalloped punch came in handy to mat the yummy cupcakes. I was going for a pink and black look, but I think I may have missed my mark. Oh well. I love the way the sheer white ribbon bow on the top looks along with the scalloped bottom edge with the ribbon threaded through it.
I think next time I will go with a white and black color combo with a dash of red. Hmmm, just thinking about it reminds me of the red velvet cake my mom would bake for me every birthday. Although every year she would forget a different ingredient, but I loved it no matter what.

No comments: