Monday, February 16, 2009

A sexy little Valentine's Day card


Ok, let me start off by apologizing for the horrible picture. I planned on taking another picture (not blurry), but I had already unlaced a little bit of the corset and it would have been a HUGE pain to lace it back up.
This was Jay's Valentine's Day card. I had worked on it all week. First I had to find a corset template and I did (www.timeforcrafting.co.uk). Next I had to figure out how I wanted it to look. I traced the template on black cardstock and then cuttlebugged it using my Divine Swirls embossing folder. That did not give it much zip, so I decided to use stickles (Holiday Red) to enhance the embossing. I thought red would be the perfect color and I was right. Then I woke up early Saturday to begin the daunting task of lacing it up while Jay slept in. UGH! After a few unsuccessful attempts this is what I came up with. I mounted the corset on a piece of red card stock and added a sentiment inside the corset. Then I mounted the red cardstock on a white card and stamped Happy Valentine's Day inside. I think Jay liked it. He didn't say to much about it.
If I have a chance I will lace it up again and try to take a better picture, but in the meantime I am off to the gym.
Have a magnificant Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute. You know Jay had to love it, because I do. MOM