Sunday, May 3, 2009

Event Calendar...


I know. I know. I know. I have been a bad blogger. The only excuse I have is that I just didn't feel like doing anything. Plain and simple.
For Christmas 2008, I made my mom an event calendar from Close To My Heart. I decorated each month and added only a few special dates (my birthday, her birthday, my wedding anniversary, etc.). She loved it and I guess my aunt saw and wanted one. So for the past 3 weeks I have been working on it. In the coming days I will post the months I created for my aunt. I never took pictures of my moms calendar. I should have. My hind sight is 20:20.
Ok, so for January I used a Close To My Heart stamp set called All Decked Out. This stamp set is full of imagination. You get to create your own snowman, the type of scarf, hat, face, number of snow balls, etc. For my snowman I stamped the hat and scarf on a piece of paper that was highly textured (and I just stumbled upon it) and cut them out. I used silver stickles to highlight the snow flurries at the bottom of the snowman and orange stickles for his nose.
Even though you cannot see it, I decorate the entire month. I put snowflakes all over. I also stamped Happy New Year! from the Say it in Style stamp set also from Close To My Heart. I think this is my favorite decorated month. I love the way the stickles adds the perfect amount of sparkle.

No comments: