Sunday, October 5, 2008

Haunted House

Yes, I know, it has been a looong time since I posted. I really do not have a good excuse, nor do I have a bad excuse. I just have not crafted in a long time. It felt great this weekend to get back at it. I made part of a Christmas gift for my mom (I cannot post it since she is one of 4 that actually reads my blog), I finished a scrapbook for Jay's friends daughter whose 1 year birthday is coming up next month, and I did this card. I know it isn't much, but I got back on the saddle so to speak.
This card has been on my mind a lot lately. The design has changed quite a bit, but for the most part it is how I thought it would be. I used one of my new Cuttlebug embossing folders, Haunted House on black card stock. A while back I found the star paper at Joanne's and I liked it so it made its way into my basket. As for the ghost. He got picked up yesterday at Michael's. I still have a few of his friends remaining for future cards or projects. Let me tell you a little something about him. He is actually flying off the card with the help of some wire that I coiled into a spring. Hmmmm, pretty crafty, huh?
I do have a few more ideas floating around in my head and I think I will make them tomorrow when I get back from school.
I want to take a moment to wish my mom and all her girlfriends safe travel to New York on Friday. They are cruising the entire state. They have so much fun and I get to hear stories about it all, not to mention the cool souvenirs she brings back for Jay and me...hint hint hint! =) Naw! Actually I only want them to be safe and have a blast. So, have fun Irene, LaVerne, Joan, and Penny.

1 comment:

Shemaine Smith said...

Great Card Janene! I was wondering what you've been up to :)