Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Maddie!!!

Our little girl turned 2 today. They grow up so fast, don't they? =) Well, since Jay and I don't have children we dote on our puppy child. I made these little treat bags for the neighbor dogs. So you think I have too much time on my hands? Well, let me tell you what was entailed with the treat bags...homemade doggie treats that were cut out in the shape of dog bones. I used my nestibilities to make the tag and a Close To My Heart alphabet stamp set called Doodle Alphabet. Ya think that's it? Nope. I have a little dog bone punch that I used so I could tie the string. And the piece of resistance...I made doggie shrinky dinks. I colored the dog to match Maddie(a gray spot on her left eye and the right ear). I don't know how good your vision is, but if you look in the lower left hand corner of the tag you can see the shrinky dink.
Was all that work worth it? Absolutely. I had a blast making all of it. It combined 2 of my hobbies, baking and crafting. The neighbors probably think I am CooCoo for Cocoa Puffs, but the fact that Maddie loves her treats makes it all worth it.
I hope everyone had a terrific Tuesday and Lucky St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maddie did you have a nice birthday?
I wish I could have been with you. I
know I'm saying "Happy Birthday, Love
you Grandma will see you May 29th.

It took me a minute to figure the card out but itis real cute.