Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life Is A Jungle


Have I mentioned how much I love this stamp set by Close To My Heart? It is called Life is a Jungle.
My best friend, Angel, is celebrating his birthday Monday and I thought this stamp set, especially the monkey, was perfect for him. The inside sentiment says "Life with you is a barrel of monkeys". He is a wonderful friend and I don't know what I would have done all these years without him. We would go to the movies, dinner, swap meets, etc. He has even been known to buy me Sex and The City DVDs for Christmas or my birthday. He loved it when he bought the wrong one and had to exchange it for a different one. I don't think he will be buying the movie DVD for me for Christmas this year. I think I pushed my luck on the last one. I am so thankful that Angel and Jay get along so well. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.
I used a paper lunch sack for the tree. After I cut the shape freehand, I crumbled up the paper for a crinkled look and to add texture and dimension, then used a dauber to put a little green and brown ink throughout the tree. Because Close To My Heart stamp sets are acrylix it makes it easy to line up the stamps like I did here. I linked the monkeys together by their hands or tails. Of course the monkeys deserved the googly eyes...makes them all the more adorable. The leaves come from the same stamp set.
Every time I look at this card it brings a smile to my face...how about you?

1 comment:

Shemaine Smith said...

Aww this is the cutest card and the googly eyes just add the perfect touch!