Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Puppy Love


Isn't Maddie adorable? This picture was taken by Jay when we returned from our holiday trip to my moms in Michigan. I bought her little plush green dog bone pillow before we left and I actually put it under the tree (ok, our tree was a mere 2 feet tall and I even decorated it). The embellishments on the page were from a sticker set I found in my doggie supplies and so I really do not know where I got it.
As you can tell Maddie is our little girl and she brings such happiness and joy to our life. I'm sure my mother would love a grandchild to dote on, but she will have to settle for this precious little girl with four legs, huge teeth, stinky breath, 55lbs of pure love, and a desire to have fun.
I am sure there are people out there who are gagging at this post and hate the fact that we treat our puppy like a child, but they need to get over it and realize that we love this bundle of fur. She likes to drink copious amounts of water quickly and then throw it up shortly after, loves the taste of green grass in her mouth, will do anything for a treat, can knock a small child over with the force of her wagging tail, and who snores louder than a freight train roaring down the track (sometimes even louder than Jay).
Please note that she picked us as parents since we adopted her from a rescue. Even as I write this I have a little tear forming in the corner of my eye.
The following quotes brought a smile to my lips and a chuckle from my mouth. Enjoy them as much as I did.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. " ~Gilda Radner
"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why." ~Author Unknown
"Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job." ~Franklin P. Jones
"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails." ~Max Eastman, Enjoyment of Laughter
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. " ~Author Unknown

Have a terrific Tuesday or if you are reading this Wednesday (mom) have a wonderful Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maddy is my girl too. I love her
because she knows what I am saying
all the time. She sleeps with me and she enjoys her special treats
when she is good. Maddy is SPECIAL
because she has a daddy, mommy and
grandma who loves her. MOM